This category contains all the pages in Physiopedia related to mental health.
Mental illness is a term that refers to a set of medical conditions that affect a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others and daily functioning. Sometimes referred to as mental disorders, mental health conditions or neuropsychiatric disorders, these conditions affect hundreds of millions of people worldwide. In 2002, 154 million people suffered from depression globally, 25 million people from schizophrenia and over 100 million people suffered from alcohol or drug abuse disorders. Close to 900,000 people die from suicide each year. Neuropsychiatric conditions are also a substantial contributor to DALYs, contributing 13% of all DALYs in 2004
- WHO. Mental Health. The World Health Organisation [accessed 18 July 2016]
- The International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Mental Health (IOPTMH) is a recognised subgroup of the WCPT.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Biopsychosocial (4 P)
Pages in category "Mental Health"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- CBT approach to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Chronic Ankle Instability
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic pain and the brain
- Clinical Guidelines: Mental Health
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Communication in healthcare
- Considering the Stress Pain Cycle in Assessment
- Conversion Disorder
- Pain Assessment
- Panic Disorder
- Parkinson's Disease
- Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Physical Activity and Women
- Physical Activity in Individuals with Disabilities
- Physical Therapy with Survivors of Torture and Trauma
- Physiotherapy communication approaches in management of obesity and overweight
- Physiotherapy management strategies in people with schizophrenia
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychological approaches to pain management
- Psychological basis of pain
- Psychological factors in Ageing