Interview and CV Skills: Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Welcome to the University College Dublin 4th year BSc Physiotherapy Interview and CV Skills Manual. This is a guide for newly graduated physiotherapists and has been developed in order to fulfil the requirements of the Physiotherapy Practice IV module, with the aim of providing a comprehensive and unique resource for new graduates. Physiopedia was chosen as a means of informing the wider public through a popularly used medium. It aims to build on the previous work of the class of 2011.
● This manual aims to provide CV, cover letter and personal statement writing tools to ensure that your first impression is a good one.
● Everyone knows interviews are a daunting and nerve-racking experience. This manual provides a step by step preparation template including how to prepare for an interview and how to approach competency based questions.
●In this current climate, physiotherapists are often unsure of their direction. Information is provided on continuing your professional development, volunteering possibilities and several Masters Programmes.
Dr. Tara Cusack Dip Physio, M Med Sc., PhD
Kim Cusack, Sophie Doyle, Lisa Tobin, Aoife Hyland, David Toomey, Anne Marie Carey, Laura Wilson, David Esterhuizen, David Gow.
Project Submission Date
- Where to Start?
- Accessing Your Transcripts
- Components of a Good CV
- Sample Curriculum Vitae
- Components of a Good Cover Letter
- Sample Cover Letter
- Preparing for an Interview
- Familiarising Yourself with the Workplace
- Competency-Based Interviews
- How to Answer Competency Questions
- Continued Professional Development
- Where to Volunteer?
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Courses
- Neurology Physiotherapy Courses
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Courses
- Thinking of Furthering Your Studies? Master Options
- Mastering a Personal Statement for your Masters
- www.iscp.ie Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists:
- www.ucd.ie University College Dublin
- www.csp.org.uk Chartered Society of Physiotherapy:
- www.emagister.co.uk (MAITLAND)
- www.iscp.ie/component/jcalpro/view/6019696/91.htm (WOMEN’S HEALTH)
- www.naturopathy.ie (ACUPUNTURE)
- www.mckenzieinstitute.co.uk (McKENZIE)
- www.nsca-cc.org (STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING)
- www.certification.acsm.org (ACSM CERTIFICATION)
- www.ausphysio.co (PILATES)
- www.stottpilates.com (PILATES)
- www.unitedphysiocourses.com (DRY NEEDLING)
- www.best-job-interview.com.index.html (INTERVIEW PREPARATION)
- www.alexhough.com (CARDIORESPIRATORY)
- www.acprc.ork.uk (CARDIORESPIRATORY)
- www.joybridge.ie (VOLUNTEERING)
- www.specialolympics.ie (VOLUNTEERING)
- www.brotherscharity.ie (VOLUNTEERING)
- www.volunteer.ie (VOLUNTEERING)
- www.irishaid.gov.ie (VOLUNTEERING)
- www.tcd.ie (FURTHER EDUCATION)
- www.ul.ie (FURTHER EDUCATION)
- www.ulster.as.uk (FURTHER EDUCATION)
- www.mmu.ac.uk (FURTHER EDUCATION)
- www.evision.londonmet.ac.uk (FURTHER EDUCATION)