Low Back Pain Guidelines
This page highlights all the available guidelines for low back pain from the international community. If you know of any more please add them to this page or email them to us.
- National Clinical Guidelines for non-surgical treatment of patients with recent onset low back pain or lumbar radiculopathy. Stochkendahl MJ, Kjaer P, Hartvigsen J, et al. Eur Spine J 2018; 27: 60-75
- Low back pain and radicular pain: assessment and management. KCE report 287Cs. Brussels: Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE),Van Wambeke P, Desomer A, Ailliet L, et al. Summary: 2017.
- Noninvasive treatments for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians. Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, McLean RM, et al. Ann Intern Med 2017; 166: 514-530. 2017
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Low back pain and sciatica in over 16s: assessment and management. NICE guideline [NG59]. London: NICE, 2016.
- Orthopaedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. Clinical Practice Guidelines Linked to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health. (2012)
- Savigny P, Kuntze S, Watson P, Underwood M, Ritchie G , Cotterell M, Hill D, Browne N, Buchanan E, Coffey P, Dixon P, Drummond C, Flanagan M, Greenough,C, Griffiths M, Halliday-Bell J, Hettinga D, Vogel S, Walsh D.
Low Back Pain: early management of persistent non-specific low back pain. London: National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care and Royal College of General Practitioners.
- NICE. Low back pain: Early management of persistent non-specific low back pain. 2009
- The Norwegian Back Pain Network - The communication unit. Acute low back pain. Interdisciplinary clinical guidelines. Oslo, 2002: The Norwegian Back Pain Network.
- European guidelines for prevention in low back pain. AK Burton, F Balagué, G Cardon, HR Eriksen, Y Henrotin, A Lahad, A Leclerc, G Müller, AJ van der Beek On behalf of the COST B13 Working Group on Guidelines for Prevention in Low Back Pain (2004).
- European guidelines for the management of acute nonspecific low back pain in primary care. Maurits van Tulder, Annette Becker, Trudy Bekkering, Alan Breen, Maria Teresa Gil del Real, Allen Hutchinson, Bart Koes, Even Laerum, Antti Malmivaara, on behalf of the COST B13 Working Group on Guidelines for the Management of Acute Low Back Pain in Primary Care (2004).
- European guidelines for the management of chronic non-specific low back pain. O Airaksinen, JI Brox, C Cedraschi, J Hildebrandt, J Klaber-Moffett, F Kovacs, AF Mannion, S Reis, JB Staal, H Ursin, G Zanoli On behalf of the COST B13 Working Group on Guidelines for Chronic Low BackPain (2004).
- European guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic girdle pain. Andry Vleeming, Hanne B Albert, Hans Christian Östgaard, Britt Stuge, Bengt Sturesson On behalf of the COST B13 Working Group on Guidelines for Chronic Low BackPain (2004).
- New Zealand Acute Low Back Pain Guidelines the best practice evidence based guideline from New Zealand Guideline Group