PP08 - FAQ's
Frequently Asked Questions for the Cerebral Palsy Course
- 1 Pre-Course Questions
- 1.1 How do I sign up for the course?
- 1.2 Do I have to pay anything?
- 1.3 Do I need a Physiopedia Plus account to access the course?
- 1.4 I wish to take part in this course but am on holiday/out of the country/out of Internet coverage for 2 of the weeks. Can I still take part in the course?
- 1.5 Is it possible to complete the course in less than 6 weeks or is the content split on a weekly basis?
- 1.6 I am not currently practicing as a physiotherapist, is it possible for me to complete this course?
- 1.7 I am interested by the course on Cerebral Palsy but I am afraid about the english skills that would slow down the learning process.
- 1.8 I am unsure if I am able to commit the time for the dates of this course but am wondering if there will be others later in the year or next year?
- 1.9 Is there a specific time that I need to be online?
- 1.10 I don't have very good internet speed, will that be a problem?
- 1.11 Is it possible to sent me a copy of the course after it has ended?
- 1.12 Will any audio lectures/exams/assessment be used as I am deaf and rely on lip reading skills primarily.
- 2 During Course Questions
- 2.1 I have just found out about this course, is it still possible to register
- 2.2 Where is the link to the course
- 2.3 I registered for the course but I have received any of the course emails
- 2.4 I enrolled for the course but I have missed out of the two weeks course work what do I do?
- 2.5 I am registered for the course but my internet connection is so bad that I am having problems keeping up. Is it possible to have an extension or do the course at a later date?
- 2.6 I am no longer able to complete the course what should I do?
- 2.7 How do I access the course?
- 3 Technical Questions Relating to PP+
- 3.1 I am having problems logging in to Physiopedia Plus?
- 3.2 I am getting a security alert when I try to access Physiopedia Plus.
- 3.3 I can't access the course!
- 3.4 I cannot open the resources what do I do?
- 3.5 When I click to view a resource it says it the link has expired!
- 3.6 My course activities are not being logged on PP+
- 3.7 My progress through the course is not being recorded
- 3.8 I can't reply to a topic in the forum
- 3.9 I passed a quiz but my score was not recorded
- 3.10 I want to change the name displayed on my PP+ certificates
- 3.11 I can't find / download my quiz certificates
- 3.12 I have passed 3 quizzes but only have one quiz badge on my dashboard
- 3.13 A resource or video is not available to me because of my geographical location
- 3.14 How do I know if I have done all the required course activities?
- 3.15 Can I download a copy of the course to complete offline?
- 4 End of Course Questions
- 4.1 Where can I get my certificate
- 4.2 The word count in the final assignment is too short I cannot fit my work into it.
- 4.3 Can the final assignment be completed as a group?
- 4.4 I didn't get an email confirmation when I completed the Quiz.
- 4.5 I have submitted everything that I need to do, can you confirm that you have received it all.
How do I sign up for the course?
Thanks for your enquiry, delighted to hear that you would like to join the course
Once you register you will receive all the information you need to begin.
Do I have to pay anything?
No, the course is completely free. It takes place in the Physiopedia Plus trial account which is free to sign up for. You can access all of the course and all the course resources for free. The course completion certificate is also free.
Do I need a Physiopedia Plus account to access the course?
Yes. The course will run in the Physiopedia Plus trial account with is free to sign up for. You can sign up for your free Physiopedia Plus account here
I wish to take part in this course but am on holiday/out of the country/out of Internet coverage for 2 of the weeks. Can I still take part in the course?
Yes of course. We recommend that you miss no more than 2 weeks as otherwise it will be difficult for you to catch up. It is important that you take part in all the discussions as a lot of the learning will take place there. You will also need to complete all the tasks for each week to obtain your certificate of completion.
Is it possible to complete the course in less than 6 weeks or is the content split on a weekly basis?
No, I am sorry but this is not possible as the course content will be released at the beginning of each week. It is possible for you to complete the course as a self directed learning experience after the course is complete.
I am not currently practicing as a physiotherapist, is it possible for me to complete this course?
Of course, this is no problem, everyone is welcome!
I am interested by the course on Cerebral Palsy but I am afraid about the english skills that would slow down the learning process.
The course is mostly compiled of reading and the discussion forum so you can work through the reading at your own pace and contribute to the discussion forums where you feel comfortable. We are expecting people from over 100 countries, there will be many in the same position as you so please don't worry. If you find it too difficult there is no requirement to complete the course, you can leave if you are finding it too much.
I am unsure if I am able to commit the time for the dates of this course but am wondering if there will be others later in the year or next year?
We hope to run this course on an annual basis but at this stage cannot guarantee it. It will also be possible for you to work through the resources at any time on your own after the course is complete in your Physiopedia Plus account.
Is there a specific time that I need to be online?
No. You can complete the tasks each week in your own time that suits you. There is no requirement to be online at a specific time.
I don't have very good internet speed, will that be a problem?
In order to accommodate all internet bandwidth scenarios there are no presentations or webinars that you are required to view. Most of the learning activities are reading related and in the discussion forum. There are some YouTube videos that it will be helpful if you can watch.
Is it possible to sent me a copy of the course after it has ended?
The course will be available to access on Physiopedia Plus after the course has ended. You are welcome to work through the course and use all the resources. The course is not available in paper format.
Will any audio lectures/exams/assessment be used as I am deaf and rely on lip reading skills primarily.
You will have no problem completing the course. There are some videos but these are only used for informal interviews with course moderators and case studies (which most have subtitles), both of which are not a required part of the learning.
During Course Questions
I have just found out about this course, is it still possible to register
Yes, you can sign up at any time but you will need to catch up if you sign up after the course has started. You can register here.
We send out an email each week with a link to the course, this link does not change, you can access the course through the same link at any time.
The week one email was sent on 5 September, you can also see it here
If you did not receive this email please read the question and answer below.
I registered for the course but I have received any of the course emails
If you didn't receive the email please check the following to ensure that you receive future emails:
- Typically, when you don't see our email in your inbox, it's because of spam filters. Please look in your spam or junk folders and if you still don't see our email, there are a few other things to investigate.
- Add us ([email protected]) to your From email address to your contact list or address book.
- If our From email address is in your address book, check your spam filter settings to be sure that our content and/or address isn't blocked.
- Are you using a webmail provider such as AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail? These providers deliver mail in small batches which can sometimes result in emails taking up to 24 hours to be delivered to a specific email account.
- If none of the above seem to get our emails to you, you may need to add the MailChimp IP addresses to your whitelist (our emails come through MailChimp). Generally, only corporate domains can do this. Consumer ISPs won't add IP addresses to their whitelists on a case-by-case basis. You should ask your server administrator or IT department to handle whitelisting MailChimp's servers.
I enrolled for the course but I have missed out of the two weeks course work what do I do?
You are welcome to login and catch up.
I am registered for the course but my internet connection is so bad that I am having problems keeping up. Is it possible to have an extension or do the course at a later date?
If you would prefer to work at your own pace feel free to work through the resources in your own time as you wish.
I am no longer able to complete the course what should I do?
This is no problem. We will leave you on the email list so that you can keep updated on what is going on at Physiopedia but if you no longer wish to receive the emails please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails that you receive from us.
How do I access the course?
This course is hosted in the free Physiopedia Plus (PP+) trial account. You need to have signed up for a free Physiopedia Plus trial account and be logged into a your account to access the course. If you already have a full Physiopedia Plus account you can access the course as normal. Once you are logged in you can find the course in the green learn topics box on your dashboard or listed under the learn topics by clicking on the 'Learn' link in the navigation bar.
Technical Questions Relating to PP+
I am having problems logging in to Physiopedia Plus?
Make sure that you have signed up for a trial account at PP+, You can do that here. If you are getting a message saying that your email address has already been used it is because you have previously signed up for a PP+ account, you will need to remember the username and password that you created when you first registered.
When you set up your PP+ account you will have set your own username and password, make sure you are using those to login here
If you have forgotten your password click on the 'Lost Password' link on thelogin page You will be emailed a new password.
If you don't receive your new password email please check you spam folder and any other folder that it may have been automatically filtered to such as the 'All Mail' folder in Gmail.
I am getting a security alert when I try to access Physiopedia Plus.
If you see this message:
This page can’t be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://members.physio-pedia.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.
This is a problem (a bug) with Internet Explorer 11 that we cannot do anything about. Please try:
- a different web browser (e.g. chrome instead if internet explorer)
- a different computer that may use a different browser
I can't access the course!
When you log in you will see a blue button that links to the course in the blue box at the top of your dashboard.
You can also find the course in the green 'Learn topics' box on your dashboard or listed under the learn topics by clicking on the 'Learn' link in the navigation bar.
I cannot open the resources what do I do?
All the resources are free to access.
Firstly make sure that you are logged in to your Physiopedia Plus account, you need to be logged in to access the resources.
If you are still having problems, in general this is due to an issue with your computing device or internet. I f you are having technical issues to view resources please try:
- on a different device (e.g. computer instead of mobile phone)
- at a different location (e.g. at home instead of at work as some work)
- in a different web browser (e.g. chrome instead if internet explorer)
This usually means that you are no longer logged in to Physiopedia Plus, please make sure that you are logged in.
My course activities are not being logged on PP+
As you progress through the course and click on the course links to view resources, your PP+ activity log will be automatically populated with entries for each activity. These activities will initially be marked as incomplete in your activity log and you need to manually update each to record your engagement with each resource. If no entries are appearing in your activity log it is likely there is a problem with the device and or browser you are using to access the course. In this situation it is recommended that you use a laptop or computer with a modern browser such as Google Chrome to participate in the course. If you are using a mobile device, ensure that the course is being viewed in the full browser app on the device rather than just the preview provided within the email app.
My progress through the course is not being recorded
See the previous question to ensure that activities are being initially logged as incomplete. If so, then next you need to manually update each activity log entry to record your engagement with that resource or activity. You can do this on your PP+ dashboard within the My activity log block or click the View all link at the bottom of the My activity log block to view your entire activity log in a searchable table. Click on the activity log entry and use the pop-up panel to select and save your engagement.
I can't reply to a topic in the forum
This is an issue which seems to affect some devices and browsers. Please try a different device and / or browser to participate in the forum. If you do have this problem it would be very helpful to know the details of the device and browser you are using as we have been unable to identify the cause of this problem.
I passed a quiz but my score was not recorded
I want to change the name displayed on my PP+ certificates
The PP+ site uses a user profile setting called your Display Name for display on certificates and also as the name presented in the forum. To change this setting click on My account and then on Edit profile in PP+. Update all the name entry fields, select the appropriate display name and Update your new profile settings. View these intructions on PP+ with screenshots.
I can't find / download my quiz certificates
Each quiz you pass on the PP+ site allows you to download a related certificate. To access these certificates click on the Quizzes link and then search the table of quizzes to find the related certificate download button. One easy way to do this is to reorder the table of quizzes by the certificates column. Clicking on the certificate download button should open a PDF file of your certificate which can be printed or saved. When using a mobile device you may need to have a PDF reading app installed to access this certificate.
I have passed 3 quizzes but only have one quiz badge on my dashboard
Badges are awarded for completing set numbers of different activities. You will be awarded separate quiz badges when you pass 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 quizzes.
A resource or video is not available to me because of my geographical location
We are based in France and are developing the course with collaborators in the UK and Ireland and so all our course testing is based on those locations. Its impossible to tell if there are other geographic restrictions on the content we are linking to and embedding as we only see what we can see in these locations and can't test from other geographic locations. So unfortunately the only time we become aware of these issues is when a participant identifies a problem. If the activity is optional we suggest Googling the details to see if you can find link to see the same or similar information. If it is a required course activity please get in touch so we can help find a suitable alternative.
How do I know if I have done all the required course activities?
At the top of the course page is a progress summary box which displays a progress bar. This progress relates to the required activities for the entire 6 week course so as you complete each week you will add approximately 15% to this progress bar. You can easily view which activities you have logged as completed and those that are outstanding by clicking the View details link in this progress box.
Can I download a copy of the course to complete offline?
In general no. Some of the resources that make up the course can be downloaded but many resources can't and will require you to be on a computer or digital device and also be connected to the internet. For some resources the restrictions on downloading and printing are due to the copyright limitations required by the resource provider.
End of Course Questions
Where can I get my certificate
You will be provided with a link to download your certificate at the end of the course. This link will be provided in the courses table on the PP+ Learn page and also at the top of the course page within the Progress summary box.
The word count in the final assignment is too short I cannot fit my work into it.
The word count has been kept short for two reasons. Firstly, we are trying to encourage you to summarise your work and be succinct, this is a key skill for delivering effective patient summaries in interdisciplinary case meetings. Secondly, we do not have the time to read through thousands of long assignments
Can the final assignment be completed as a group?
No. The final assignment is supposed to be a reflection on your individual learning. Everyone must submit their own unique final assignment.
I didn't get an email confirmation when I completed the Quiz.
There is no email confirmation for completing the quiz, if you have submitted them then we have them in our records. There is an email confirmation of receipt for the final assignment and the evaluation form.
I have submitted everything that I need to do, can you confirm that you have received it all.
No, I am sorry but we do not have the resources to check through everyone's individual submissions. You can check this yourself on your personalised learning dashboard.