Physiopedia Content Manager
As a content manager, seeing quality content on Physiopedia is your passion.
Having consistent quality content on the Physiopedia website is no small task. Our goal is to build a constantly updating site that provides the best evidence-based information for physiotherapists to use in their clinical practice.
About this job
This is a part-time and the only paid position on the Physiopedia team, making this role well respected with an element of altruistic contribution to your profession.
In this role you will:
- Monitor all content changes on the Physiopedia website.
- Develop the content review process and develop strategies to facilitate content review.
- Manage content development projects.
- Engage researchers and topic specialists to contribute content.
- Organise and facilitate volunteer orientation courses.
- Manage contributions of and support all members of the volunteer team.
- Facilitate the sharing of our content.
- Write articles relating to new Physiopedia content on Physiospot.
- Establish and manage a contribution reward system.
For this particular role you must have:
- Physiotherapy or physical therapy qualification with >5 years post qualifying experience.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to deliver high-quality academic content.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Effective team management skills.
All our jobs require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be able to work independently, enjoy taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Physiopedia is a unique project that is constantly changing with the times, there is always a lot of learning to do!
- Respect for others. We're a global team of contributors and users where there are language barriers, differing levels of education and cultural differences.
Be part of the team
We are spread out all over the world and everyone works from the location they choose. We use Asana for project management, Zoom for online meetings and everything else is on Slack. We care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
As part of the Physiopedia team you will:
- Know that you are making a difference by being a part of making this free resource available to thousands of physiotherapists and their millions of patients worldwide.
- Have full access to Physioplus for all your continuing education and professional development needs.
- Join us at conferences and team gatherings.
- Make a difference and have fun with us!
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send an email to [email protected] telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalise Physiopedia correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- How you think you can make a difference to our profession in this role.
- Tell us how you think we can improve the Physiopedia content.
- Have you published written content before? Show us what you have written.
- Are you driven to achieve? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of.
Coming on board
When you make it past the interview stage we’ll do a project together on contract, typically lasting between two to six weeks depending on how much time you can spend, to see how we work together. This is the start of you being a part of the Physiopedia story!