Template:How it works
Patient is suspendend in between the cage with the help of cords and therasuit.Cords are dynamic and provides an appropriate amount of support with the help of which patient can perform movement independently. Like this patient can perform many exercises like crawling, standing, jumping etc. in spider cage. Performing these exercises in full or partial weight bearing will allow patient to improve sensory integration, developing sense of security and mastering respective activities.
Spider cage can be used when a therapist have following goals to work on:
- To increase muscle strength
- To prevent muscle atrophies and contractures
- To increase passive and ative ranges of joints
- To improve balance and co-ordination
- To improve muscle flexibility