UCD Final Year Project: What Next? 2011
Welcome to University College Dublin's final year project. This project is part of the coursework for the final year Physiotherapy Practice module. It is a problem based learning module aimed at consolidating the professional development of physiotherapists. The aim is for a group of students to design a resource that will be useful and accessible to colleagues for exploration of options post graduation.
This page describes the 2011 project.
Students were shown a conversation between a final year physiotherapy student and a new graduate about job opportunities. Students were then invited to listen to a Pod Cast from an Irish radio programme, which featured a recent UCD graduate who was struggling to find work. They were also given the opportunity to attend a question and answer session with a panel of recent graduates and to discuss their experiences since graduating with them.
Following that, students were asked to design a resource that would be useful and accessible to their colleagues exploring available options post graduation. The resource could be presented through any desired media.
- To produce a novel and engaging resource
- To produce a resource that would be accessible and attractive to the audience at which it is aimed i.e. new graduate physiotherapists
- To present useful, contemporary information that would be valuable to physiotherapy colleagues
Dr. Tara Cusack Dip Physio, M Med Sc., PhD
March - April 2011
- Sports in Ireland
- Applying to work in USA/Canada
- Working in Singapore
- Working in Nursing Homes in Ireland
- HSE Employment Options
- Working in New Zealand/Australia
- Employment Options
- Working in Private Practice in Ireland
- Working as a Physiotherapy Assistant in Ireland
- Private Hospitals in Ireland