- Register with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Apply online via HPC to download the international application pack along with a one off non-refundable payment (scrutiny fee) .
- An acknowledgement of a complete application or return of an incomplete application will occur within 8 weeks of receipt by the HPC. It will take a further 8 weeks to conduct background checks and assess the application.
- The registration cycle is biennial (two-yearly) for successful applications to join the register and is made up of two ‘professional years’ (1 May – 30 April). A registration fee of £152 covers you for two years of registration with the HPC and your certificate and registration number cannot be issued until payment is received in full.
In order to apply for registration with the HPC the following documents must be completed:
- Equality and Diversity monitoring form
- Course information form
- Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics
- Standards of Proficiency
- Standards of Continuing Professional Development
- Professional Reference
The HPC ask you to provide up to two professional reference forms to support your application. The professional reference should be given by someone who has been your supervisor/line manager or otherwise responsible for you in a professional capacity.
- Character Reference
A character reference needs to be provided by a person of standing in the community who is not a relative and who has known you for three years or more.
- Apply to be a full member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Apply to join the CSP online or alternatively by requesting an application pack at [email protected] or phone +44(0)20 7306 6666.
- Newly qualified members pay a one-off joining fee.
- You will be required to pay an annual subscription fee.
- If you join after the start of the year, your cost will be calculated pro rata from the number of full or part months left in the year.
Once you have registered with the Health Professions Council, you will normally be in a position to apply for jobs.
Job vacancies for physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants/clinical support workers are advertised in a range of places. Most National Health Service (NHS) trusts will advertise their vacancies on the NHS Jobs website.