Physiopedia MOOC FAQ's
- 1 Pre-Course Questions
- 1.1 I wish to take part in this course but am on holiday/out of the country/out of Internet coverage for 2 of the weeks. Can I still take part in the course?
- 1.2 Is it possible to complete the course in less than 4 weeks or is the content split on a weekly basis?
- 1.3 I am not currently practicing as a physiotherapist, is it possible for me to complete this course?
- 1.4 I am interested by the course on but I am afraid about the english skills that would slow down the learning process.
- 1.5 I am unsure if I am able to commit the time for the dates of this course but am wondering if there will be others later in the year or next year?
- 1.6 Is there a specific time that I need to be online?
- 1.7 I don't have very good internet speed, will that be a problem?
- 1.8 Is it possible to sent me a copy of the course after it has ended?
- 1.9 Will any audio lectures/exams/assessment be used as I am deaf and rely on lip reading skills primarily.
- 2 During Course Questions
- 2.1 I have just found out about this course, is it still possible to register
- 2.2 I enrolled for the course but I have missed out of the two weeks course work could you please help me out.
- 2.3 I am not receiving or having trouble opening the course emails
- 2.4 I registered for the course before the closing date but I have received any of the course emails
- 2.5 I am registered for the course but my internet connection is so bad that I am having problems keeping up. Is it possible to have an extension or do the course at a later date?
- 2.6 I am no longer able to complete the course what should I do
- 3 Technical Questions Relating to PP+
- 3.1 I can't access the course!
- 3.2 I can't access the course when I follow the link in the course email
- 3.3 My course activities are not being logged on PP+
- 3.4 My progress through the course is not being recorded
- 3.5 I can't reply to a topic in the forum
- 3.6 I passed a quiz but my score was not recorded!
- 3.7 I want to change the name displayed on my PP+ certificates
- 3.8 I can't find / download my quiz certificates
- 3.9 I have passed 3 quizzes but only have one quiz badge on my dashboard
- 3.10 A resource or video is not available to me because of my geographical location
- 3.11 How do I know if I have done all the required course activities?
- 3.12 Can I download a copy of the course to complete offline?
- 3.13 When I click to view a presentation it says it the link has expired!
- 4 End of Course Questions
- 4.1 Where can I get my certificate
- 4.2 The word count in the final assignment is too short I cannot fit my work into it.
- 4.3 Can the final assignment be completed as a group?
- 4.4 I didn't get an email confirmation when I completed the Quiz.
- 4.5 I have submitted everything that I need to do, can you confirm that you have received it all.
I wish to take part in this course but am on holiday/out of the country/out of Internet coverage for 2 of the weeks. Can I still take part in the course?
Yes of course. We recommend that you miss no more than 2 weeks as otherwise it will be difficult for you to catch up. It is important that you take part in all the discussions as a lot of the learning will take place there. You will also need to complete all the tasks for each week to obtain your certificate of completion.
Is it possible to complete the course in less than 4 weeks or is the content split on a weekly basis?
No, I am sorry but this is not possible as the course content will be released at the beginning of each week. It is possible for you to complete the course as a self directed learning experience after the course is complete.
I am not currently practicing as a physiotherapist, is it possible for me to complete this course?
Of course, this is no problem, everyone is welcome!
I am interested by the course on but I am afraid about the english skills that would slow down the learning process.
The course is mostly compiled of reading and the discussion forum so you can work through the reading at your own pace and contribute to the discussion forums where you feel comfortable. We are expecting people from over 100 countries, there will be many in the same position as you so please don't worry. If you find it too difficult there is no requirement to complete the course, you can leave if you are finding it too much.
I am unsure if I am able to commit the time for the dates of this course but am wondering if there will be others later in the year or next year?
We hope to run this course on an annual basis but at this stage cannot guarantee it. It will also be possible for you to work through the resources at any time on your own after the course is complete.
Is there a specific time that I need to be online?
No. You can complete the tasks each week in your own time that suits you. There is no requirement to be online at a specific time.
I don't have very good internet speed, will that be a problem?
In order to accommodate all internet bandwidth scenarios there are no presentations or webinars that you are required to view. Most of the learning activities are reading related and in the discussion forum. There are some YouTube videos that it will be helpful if you can watch.
Is it possible to sent me a copy of the course after it has ended?
The course will be available to access on PhysiopediaPlus after the course has ended. You are welcome to work through the course and use all the resources. The course is not available in paper format.
Will any audio lectures/exams/assessment be used as I am deaf and rely on lip reading skills primarily.
You will have no problem completing the course. There are some videos but these are only used for informal interviews with course moderators and case studies (which most have subtitles), both of which are not a required part of the learning.
During Course Questions
I have just found out about this course, is it still possible to register
Yes, you can sign up at any time but please bear in mind that the course will not be available after Monday August 22nd and so you must finish it before this date.
I enrolled for the course but I have missed out of the two weeks course work could you please help me out.
You are welcome to login and catch up.
I am not receiving or having trouble opening the course emails
There is no need for you to open the email,you can follow all the course activities from here
I registered for the course before the closing date but I have received any of the course emails
If you registered for the course before the closing date and completed the registration form correctly we will have you on the register. There are several reasons why you may not be receiving the emails:
- The emails are in your spam folder or in the case of Gmail they might be in your All Mail folder. Please check!
- You didn't complete the submission of the registration form
- You didn't provide your email address when asked to on the registration form
- You provided an incorrect email address on the registration form
If you still can't find the emails please contact rachael to check that you are registered.
I am registered for the course but my internet connection is so bad that I am having problems keeping up. Is it possible to have an extension or do the course at a later date?
I am afraid that we can't give extensions for the course but you are welcome to try and catch up! If you would prefer to work at your own pace feel free to work through the resources in your own time as you wish.
I am no longer able to complete the course what should I do
This is no problem. We will leave you on the email list so that you can keep updated on what is going on at Physiopedia but if you no longer wish to receive the emails please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails.
Technical Questions Relating to PP+
I can't access the course!
This course is hosted on Physiopedia Plus (PP+) and you need to have registered and be logged into a Trial account or a Full member's account on this site to access it.
As noted above you need to be logged in to your Physiopedia Plus (PP+) account to access the course. When you click on a link in an email to enter the course you may also need to login! Please also ensure you view the course in a full browser when following a link from an email rather than in an email preview. This is particularly an issue when using a mobile device.
My course activities are not being logged on PP+
As you progress through the course and click on the course links to view resources, your PP+ activity log will be automatically populated with entries for each activity. These activities will initially be marked as incomplete in your activity log and you need to manually update each to record your engagement with each resource. If no entries are appearing in your activity log it is likely there is a problem with the device and or browser you are using to access the course. In this situation it is recommended that you use a laptop or computer with a modern browser such as Google Chrome to participate in the course. If you are using a mobile device, ensure that the course is being viewed in the full browser app on the device rather than just the preview provided within the email app.
My progress through the course is not being recorded
See the previous question to ensure that activities are being initially logged as incomplete. If so, then next you need to manually update each activity log entry to record your engagement with that resource or activity. You can do this on your PP+ dashboard within the My activity log block or click the View all link at the bottom of the My activity log block to view your entire activity log in a searchable table. Click on the activity log entry and use the pop-up panel to select and save your engagement.
I can't reply to a topic in the forum
This is an issue which seems to affect some devices and browsers. Please try a different device and / or browser to participate in the forum. If you do have this problem it would be very helpful to know the details of the device and browser you are using as we have been unable to identify the cause of this problem.
I passed a quiz but my score was not recorded!
I want to change the name displayed on my PP+ certificates
The PP+ site uses a user profile setting called your Display Name for display on certificates and also as the name presented in the forum. To change this setting click on My account and then on Edit profile in PP+. Update all the name entry fields, select the appropriate display name and Update your new profile settings. View these intructions on PP+ with screenshots.
I can't find / download my quiz certificates
Each quiz you pass on the PP+ site allows you to download a related certificate. To access these certificates click on the Quizzes link and then search the table of quizzes to find the related certificate download button. One easy way to do this is to reorder the table of quizzes by the certificates column. Clicking on the certificate download button should open a PDF file of your certificate which can be printed or saved. When using a mobile device you may need to have a PDF reading app installed to access this certificate.
I have passed 3 quizzes but only have one quiz badge on my dashboard
Badges are awarded for completing set numbers of different activities. You will be awarded separate quiz badges when you pass 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 quizzes.
A resource or video is not available to me because of my geographical location
We are based in France and are developing the course with collaborators in the UK and Ireland and so all our course testing is based on those locations. Its impossible to tell if there are other geographic restrictions on the content we are linking to and embedding as we only see what we can see in these locations and can't test from other geographic locations. So unfortunately the only time we become aware of these issues is when a participant identifies a problem. If the activity is optional we suggest Googling the details to see if you can find link to see the same or similar information. If it is a required course activity please get in touch so we can help find a suitable alternative.
How do I know if I have done all the required course activities?
At the top of the course page is a progress summary box which displays a progress bar. This progress relates to the required activities for the entire 6 week course so as you complete each week you will add approximately 15% to this progress bar. You can easily view which activities you have logged as completed and those that are outstanding by clicking the View details link in this progress box.
Can I download a copy of the course to complete offline?
In general no. Some of the resources that make up the course can be downloaded but many resources can't and will require you to be on a computer or digital device and also be connected to the internet. For some resources the restrictions on downloading and printing are due to the copyright limitations required by the resource provider.
The buttons to view ExeciseWorks presentations expire after 10 minutes. Refresh the PP+ page that displays the button to view the presentation and the link will renew.
End of Course Questions
Where can I get my certificate
You will be provided with a link to download your certificate at the end of the course. This link will be provided in the courses table on the PP+ Learn page and also at the top of the course page within the Progress summary box.
The word count in the final assignment is too short I cannot fit my work into it.
The word count has been kept short for two reasons. Firstly, we are trying to encourage you to summarise your work and be succinct, this is a key skill for delivering effective patient summaries in interdisciplinary case meetings. Secondly, we do not have the time to read through thousands of long assignments
Can the final assignment be completed as a group?
No. The final assignment is supposed to be a reflection on your individual learning. Everyone must submit their own unique final assignment.
I didn't get an email confirmation when I completed the Quiz.
There is no email confirmation for completing the quiz, if you have submitted them then we have them in our records. There is an email confirmation of receipt for the final assignment and the evaluation form.
I have submitted everything that I need to do, can you confirm that you have received it all.
No, I am sorry but we do not have the resources to check through everyone's individual submissions. You can check this yourself on your personalised learning dashboard.