Hello my name is Hannah...[edit | edit source]
I was inspired to become a physiotherapist after sustaining a variety of severe sports injuries which required invasive surgery, and resulted in me using a wheelchair from the ages of 18-20.
It was after receiving extensive physiotherapy that my desire to help people in a similar situation began, and lead me to complete a degree in Sports and Exercise rehabilitation at Middlesex University, for which I graduated with first class honours in 2013.
During this degree I completed a placement in a private physiotherapy clinic working alongside a variety of physiotherapists and sports therapists in and around London, with high end clients- including Arsenal Football Club. This placement inspired me to become a physiotherapist and I graduated from Coventry University with a First Class Honours degree in 2017.
I began my first job as a junior MSK Physiotherapist later that year within the NHS and absolutely LOVE my job!
I have learned so much as a junior, and have a special interest in Knee joint and Shoulder joint conditions.
I first heard about Physiopedia when I attended Physiotherapy UK in my first year of study. I continued to use it as a resource throughout my studies and still use it today as a qualified Physiotherapist.
About Me[edit | edit source]
- I love swimming and sports of all kind.
- Have a particular interest in anterior knee pain and the patellofemoral joint, but also just the knee joint in general.
- I also have a keen interest in the shoulder joint and the complexities of rehabilitation of this joint depending on the condition.
- I love EBP and learning new things and would love to be involved in more research.
- I have 2 cats (Dexter and Rupert) and a dog (Elsie) who keep me very busy when i'm not working.
- I enjoy yoga, meditation and mindfulness and try to incorporate them into my treatment sessions - child pose and pigeon pose being my go to exercises!
- Im pretty active on twitter when I can be and like to keep up to date with the latest chit chat regarding MSK Physiotherapy
- I have a second dan black belt in Karate!
Education[edit | edit source]
Coventry University - Physiotherapy BSc - First class (Hons) 2017
Middlesex University - Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention - First class (Hons) 2013
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Student Representative
Health Care Professionals Council
Contact Me[edit | edit source]
Linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hhassell/