I am a physiotherapist currently working in a tertiary academic hospital in Cape Town, South Africa. I have a passion for acute orthopaedic rehabilitation, and is fortunate to work in an excellent multi-disciplinary setup. Working in a tertiary academic environment also gives met the opportunity to help out and cover in different areas of physiotherapy keeping my all-round skills and knowledge sharp.
I enjoy clinical teaching and mentoring, and am fortunate enough to have final year physiotherapy students in my setting.
Currently accumulating hours to certify as a Pilates instructor with APPI.
BSc in Physiotherapy, University of Stellenbosch (2013)
- Supervisor as Mentor (2020)
- Physiopedia Volunteer Orientation course (2018)
- APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1, 2 & 3 (2017, 2018,2019)
- Management of Children with Clubfoot (2018)
- Neck Pain (2018)
- Practical Sport Injury Management (2016)
- The Kinesiology Taping Course (2015)
- Clinical Teaching (2015)
- Dry Needling Level 1 (2014)
- Basic Wheelchair Seating (2014)
- Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- 2018 - Current: Physiopedia volunteer: Content Team
- 2015 - Current: Tygerberg Academic Hospital - Production level physiotherapist
- 2015 - 2019: Marulize Swart Fisioterapie (Louis Leipoldt Mediclinic) - Locum physiotherapist
- 2015: FNB Movement Analysis & Physiotherapy Clinic (University of Stellenbosch) - Locum physiotherapist
- 2015: Rob & Kim Sims Physiotherapy (Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital) - Locum physiotherapist
- 2015: Mariana Engelbrecht Fisioterapie - Locum physiotherapist
- 2015: Durbell Rugby Club - Team physiotherapist
- 2015: Part of the masseuse team for Springbok rugby team prior to match against World XV and New Zealand 7's team prior to Cape Town 7's tournament
- 2014: Lady Michaelis Community Health Centre - Community Service Physioterapist