I am a Physiotherapist working in Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Nigeria. I am a clinician and researcher. I have PhD in orthopedics and sport.I have 23 years post qualification clinical experience. I have been involved in the training of Physiotherapy interns and 400 level medical students. More than 100 Physiotherapy interns have passed through my training. Since 2007, I have been involved in teaching medical students “Introduction to clinical and laboratory skill (Physiotherapy aspect)”.
My research focuses on musculoskeletal and disability research. My research activities have produced 32 publications in both national and international learned journals. I have presented five papers in international conferences and seven papers in national conferences.
(a) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria: Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy), December 1989 -May 1994
(b) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria: M.Sc. (Orthopaedic & Sports), July 2005 - April 2007
(c) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria: Ph.D. (Orthopaedic Physiotherapy), September 2008 - June 2013
Association of Clinical and Academic Physiotherapists of Nigeria.
Assistant Director (Physiotherapy), Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Nigeria.
Academic editor: Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research
- Oyewole O.O (2006): Effect of dominance on the isometric hamstring muscle strength in undergraduate students. Nigerian Journal of Medical Rehabilitation 11(2):55-59
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2007): Relationship between cardiorespiratory fitness and blood pressure of Nigerian adolescents. Nigerian Journal of Medical Rehabilitation 12(1&2):1-5
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2008): Overweight and obesity: does it occur in Nigerian adolescents in an urban community? International Journal of Biomedical and Health Sciences 4(1):11-17
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2008): Graded association between cardiorespiratory fitness and skin folds thickness in adolescents. Nigerian Journal of Medical Rehabilitation 13(1&2):31-35
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2009): Reference growth values for adolescents aged 12-18 years in a Nigerian community. African Journal of Biomedical Research 12(1):7-13
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2009): Body weight and Blood pressure profile in Nigerian secondary school adolescents. Tropical Journal of Health Sciences 16(2):19-24.
- Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2009): Relationship between Anthropometric Parameters and Blood Pressure in Sagamu Adolescents, Ogun State, South-West Nigeria. International Journal of Biomedical and Health Sciences 5(4):191-198
- Oyewole O.O and Akinpelu A.O (2011): Developmental pattern of tibio-femoral angle in a cohort of Nigerian children: A preliminary report. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice volume 9(4):1-6
- Akinpelu A.O, Gbiri C.A, Oyewole O.O, Odole A.C and Akinrogunde O.O (2011): Nigerian physiotherapists’ perceptions of their profession’s prestige and implications. Hong Kong Physiotherapy Journal 29:71-78
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Odole A.C and Olukoya O.R (2011): Prevalence of musculoskeletal pain and health seeking behaviour among occupational drivers in Ibadan, Nigeria. African Journal of Biomedical Research 14(2):89-94
- Emmanuel G.M and Oyewole O.O (2012): Socio-cultural factors responsible for low rate of exclusive breastfeeding among nursing mothers attending a Nigerian Tertiary Health Institution. International Journal of Biomedical and Health Sciences 8(1):55-61
- Oyewole O.O and Oritogun K.S (2012): Pre-Hypertension and Hypertension in Adolescence: How much does it occur in a Nigerian Community? West African Journal of Medicine 31(2): 71–75
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Odole A.C, Gbiri C.A (2013): Reference Values and Relationship between Cardio-Respiratory Fitness Index and Body Mass Index of Adolescent Students in a Southwestern Nigerian Community. The Tropical Journal of Health Sciences 20(1):18-22
- Oyewole O.O, Akinpelu A.O, Odole A.C (2013): Development of the tibiofemoral angle in a cohort of Nigerian children during the ﬁrst 3 years of life. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedic 7:167–173
- Akinpelu A. O, Tella B .A, Oyewole O. O, Odole A. C (2013): Influence Of Body Positions On Tibio-Femoral Angle Measurement In Children. The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery, Volume 21 Number 1
- Oyewole O.O, Akinpelu A.O, Odole A.C (2013): Tibiofemoral Angle and Its Correlate in a Cohort of Nigerian Children. The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery Volume 21 Number 2.
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Hammed G.O and Gbiri CA (2013): Prevalence of Low Back Pain among Adolescent Students in a Nigerian Urban Community. Afr. J. Phys. Rehab Sci. 5(1&2):29-34
- A.C Odole, N.A Odunaiya, O.O Oyewole, O.T Ogunmola (2014) Physiotherapy clinical students’ perception of their learning environment: A Nigerian perspective. Afr. J. Health Prof. Educ. 6(1):64-68
- Oyewole O.O, Odusan O, Oritogun K.S, Idowu A.O (2014): Physical activity among type-2 diabetic adult Nigerians. Annals of African Medicine 13(4):189-94
- Odole A.C, Oyewole O.O, Ogunmola O.T (2014): Nigerian Physiotherapy Clinical Students’ Perception of their Learning Environment Measured by the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure Inventory. Int. J. Higher Educ. 3(2):83-91
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Odole A.C and Tella B.A (2014): Nutritional Status of Nigerian Children from Urban Community Using Different Reference Cut-offs. Afr. J. Biomed. Res. 17 (2): 61- 67
- Oyewole O.O, Odusan O, Oritogun K.S, Idowu A.O (2015): Predictability of physical activity and bodyweight on health-related quality of life amongst Nigerian type2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries. 35(2suppl):194-200.
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Adekanla B.A (2015): Body size perceptions and weight status of adults in a Nigerian rural community. Ann Med Health Sci Res 5:358‑64.
- Oritogun KS. Oyewole O.O, Odusan O (2016): Model Comparison and Factors Associated with Quality of Life of Type 2 Diabetic Patients: Gender Differentials. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research 15(8)
- Oyewole O.O, Adeniyi E.A, Ajayi B.F, Olajitan A.A, Oritogun K.S (2016). Work-related musculoskeletal disorders and ergonomic stressors among direct and nondirect contact health care workers from a Nigerian tertiary health facility. African Journal of Medical and Health Sciences 15(1):7-13
- Akinpelu A.O, Oyewole O.O, Odole A.C, Ogunbamowo F.D (2016): Work-Related Musculoskeletal Pain and Health Seeking Behaviour among Nigerian Sewing Machine Operators. Tropical Journal of Medical Research 19:152-8
- Oritogun KS, Oyewole OO, Daniel OJ (2016): Comparison of statistical models used for assessing factors associated with infant mortality in Nigeria. Annals of Health Research 2(1):37-43.
- Oyewole O.O, Ogunlana M.O, Oritogun K.S, Gbiri C.A (2016): Post-Stroke Disability and Its Predictors among Nigerian Stroke Survivors. Disability and Health Journal 9(4):616-23
- Oyewole O.O, Ogunlana M.O, Gbiri C.A.O, Oritogun K.S (2017): Prevalence and impact of disability and sexual dysfunction on Health Related Quality of Life of Nigerian stroke survivors. Disability and Rehabilitation 39(20):2081-2086, DOI:10.1080/09638288.2016.1219395
- Oyewole O.O, Oritogun K.S, Gbiri C.A.O (2017): Functional Recovery and Its Predictors after Sub-acute Stroke Rehabilitation in a Nigerian Tertiary Health Facility: A Preliminary Finding. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research 19(8):1-7
- Oyewole O.O, Ogunlana M.O, Gbiri C.A.O, Oritogun K.S (2017): Sexual Dysfunction in a Nigerian Stroke Cohort: A Comparative Cross-Sectional Study. Sex Disabil. 35(3):341-351. DOI 10.1007/s11195-017-9488-6
- Oyewole O.O, Odusan O, Bodunde O.T, Thanni L.O.A, Bamidele S. Osalusi B.S, Adebanjo A.A (2017): Self-acceptance and Attitude towards Disability among People with Disability Attending a Nigerian Tertiary Health Facility. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research 21(3): 1-10