Lateral Epicondyle Tendinopathy Toolkit: Appendix E - Braces, Splints, and Taping
- Introduction and Background
- Summary of the Evidence
- Treatment Algorithm
- Appendix A: Details of the Articles
- Appendix B: Manual Therapy
- Appendix C: Details of Exercise Prescription
- Appendix D: LASER Dosage Calculation
- Appendix E: Braces, Splints, and Taping
- Appendix F: Outcome Measures
- Appendix G: Medical and Surgical Interventions
Diamond Taping Technique (Vicenzino et al 2003)
Download Lateral Epicondyle Tendinopathy Toolkit: Appendix E - Braces, Splints, and Taping
Developed by the BC Physical Therapy Tendinopathy Task Force: Dr. Joseph Anthony, Dr. Angela Fearon, Diana Hughes, Carol Kennedy, Dr. Alex Scott, Michael Yates, & Alison Hoens.
A Physical Therapy Knowledge Broker project supported by: UBC Department of Physical Therapy, Physiotherapy Association of BC, Vancouver Coastal Research Institute and Providence Healthcare Research Institute.
- Meyer NJ, Walter F, Haines B, Orton D, Daley RA. Modeled evidence of force reduction at the extensor carpi radialis brevis origin with the forearm support band. J Hand Surg [Am] 2003; 28:279-87.
- Vicenzino B, Brooksbank J, Minto J, Offord S, Paungmali A. Initial effects of elbow taping on pain-free grip strength and pressure pain threshold. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. Jul 2003; 33(7): 400-7.