Physiopedia Section Ambassadors
As a section ambassador, seeing quality content on Physiopedia in your clinical area of expertise is your passion.
Having consistent quality content on the Physiopedia website is no small task. Our goal is to build a constantly updating site that provides the best evidence-based information for physiotherapists to use in their clinical practice.
About this position
This is a part-time voluntary role that you will enjoy as an altruistic contribution to your profession.
In this role you will:
- Manage a particular section of Physiopedia in your clinical area of expertise, for example, shoulder, stroke, COPD, cancer etc.
- Monitor all content changes in your section of clinical expertise.
- Categorise all pages relevant to your section.
- Periodically review and update the pages in your category.
- Manage contributions of and support members of the volunteer team that are assisting you.
- Share content on social media platforms.
- Submit your activity report at the end of each month.
Optionally you can choose to:
- Set up and manage a content development project where you engage individuals from the global physiotherapy community to assist you in developing the content in your section.
- Engage colleagues, researchers and topic specialists to contribute content.
- Write articles on Physiospot relating to new and updated Physiopedia content in your section.
For this particular role you must have:
- Physiotherapy or physical therapy qualification with >10 years post qualifying experience.
- Expertise in a specific topic, preferably with previous publications in the academic literature.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to deliver high-quality academic content.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Enthusiasm to get stuck into editing the Physiopedia website.
All our positions require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be able to work independently, enjoy taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Physiopedia is a unique project that is constantly changing with the times, we are all always learning!
- Respect for others. We're a global team of contributors and users where there are language barriers, differing levels of education and cultural differences.
Be part of the team
We are spread out all over the world and everyone works from the location they choose. We use Asana for project management, use Zoom for online meetings and everything else on Slack. We care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
As part of the Physiopedia team you will:
- Know that you are making a difference by being a part of making this free resource available to thousands of physiotherapists and their millions of patients worldwide.
- Have full access to Physiopedia Plus for all your continuing education and professional development needs.
- Join us at conferences and team gatherings.
- Have fun with us!
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send an email to [email protected] telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalise Physiopedia correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- How you think you can make a difference to our profession in this role.
- Tell us how you think we can improve the Physiopedia content in your area of clinical expertise.
- Have you published written content before? Show us articles that you have written.
- Are you driven to achieve? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of.
Coming on board
When you make it past the interview stage we’ll do a project together on contract, typically lasting between two to six weeks depending on how much time you can spend, to see how we work together. This is the start of you being a part of Physiopedia!