- Prior to registration you must complete 30 additional credits. Can be attained via CLEP (College-Level Examination Program).
- The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) encompasses 53 jurisdictions.
- Each jurisdiction has an individual vetting process .
- Apply online via FCCPT (Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy) for a type 1 review (for Irish/British wishing to seek visa)
- Permission to work in the USA must be sought via the US citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Licence to practice is obtained by sitting the NPTE (National Physical Therapy Exam). The exam can be sat in any jurisdiction regardless of where you plan to work.
- UCD must release transcripts to the FCCPT
- Proof of licence to practice from the ISCP.
- Copy of your degree (English version) signed by notary public (solicitor)
- Attestation form outlining all information provided by you in correct and a passport photo, also notarized.
At present over 3,000 Physical Therapy jobs advertised on the APTA website.
Basic Grade Initial Salary
$60,000 on average ($45,000 or €34,000 after tax)
|Individual state fee’s||$60-$245|
|APTA registration (optional)||$295|
|NPTE exam (until Jan 1st 2013)||$350|
|NPTE exam (after Jan 1st 2013)||$400|