User:Sheik Abdul Khadir
SHEIK ABDUL KHADIR A.M.K.
One-Liner about me :
A passionate Neuro-Physiotherapist, who likes to learn, learn and learn.
Under Graduation (UG): Graduated Physiotherapy (BPT-Bachelor of Physiotherapy)from Govt.Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, K.K.Nagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu, INDIA affiliiated to Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University during 2005-2010.(Four years plus six months compulsory Internship)
Post Graduation (PG): Did Masters in Physiotherapy [M.P.Th.(Neurosciences)] from All India Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra,INDIA affiliated to Maharashtra university of Health Sciences during 2010-2013 (Three year programme)
Certification : Cleared the Mulligan Practioner Certification exam in october 2014.
Contributions in Physiopedia
As an Original Editor :
- Babinski Sign
- Vacuum Compression Therapy
- Patient education in Pain Management
- PAIN RELEASE PHENOMENON (PRP)
- GAIT TRAINING IN STROKE
- Evidence Based Practice(EBP) in Physiotherapy
- Wartenberg's sign
- Wartenberg's Syndrome
As one of the Top Contributor:
- Cervical Collar
- Back School
- Cozen’s Test
- Core stability
- Ely's test
- Olecranon Bursitis
- Mulligan Concept
- Romberg Test
- Allen Test
- Milwaukee brace
- Muscle Strength of the Ankle
- Baker's Cyst
- Patellar Grind Test
- Paediatric Knee
- Calcaneal Spurs
- Base of Support
- Centre of Gravity
- FAIR test
- Sacroiliac Compression Test
- Star Excursion Balance Test
- Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
- Critically Appraised Topics
- Clinical Guidelines
- Mulligan Bent Leg Raise Technique
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Continuing Professional Education
- Completed online course in “Physiotherapy Management for the Spinal Cord Injuries” conducted by International Spinal Cord Soceity on May 2014.
- Completed online certificate course on Professional Ethics Course for Physiotherapists conducted by Physio-Pedia along with University of Western Cape, South Africa on August 2013.
- Completed online training on "Research in Physical Rehabilitation" as part of Continuous Professional Education (CPE) in Physical Rehabilitation at www.rehabmonitor.org. Organized By: Handicap International, Under the Project: “Towards Disability Inclusive Development through a Strengthened Rehabilitation Sector in South Asia” on January 2014.
- Completed online training on "Amputation and Gait training" as part of Continuous Professional Education (CPE) in Physical Rehabilitation at www.rehabmonitor.org. Organized By: Handicap International, Under the Project: “Towards Disability Inclusive Development through a Strengthened Rehabilitation Sector in South Asia” on August 2014.
- Maharashtra State OTPT Council
- Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
- Currently working as a Clinical Physiotherapist at All India Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra,INDIA. It is the apex Institute in the field of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation under the Ministry of Health anad Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Quality Assessor-Peer Review Team, Physio-Pedia.
- Member of Rehabaccess - an online forum .
- Member- Parkinsons Disease and Movement Disorder Soceity (PDMDS)- Mumbai
- Member- Multiple Sclerosis Society of India- Mumbai Chapter.
- Reviewer in International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries (JDDC)
- Reviewer in "Medicine" ,an open access online journal
- Sheik Abdul Khadir AMK, Suneeti P Chatterjee; Effects of vacuum compression therapy on lower limb vascular parameters in people with type 2 diabetes; International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation : Vol 22 : No 9 : September 2015 :pp 421–426. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12968/ijtr.2015.22.9.421
- Sheik Abdul Khadir A.M.K., M.P.Th , Nikhil H. Charmode, M.P.Th;Perception of barriers among Indian Physiotherapists: A Pilot
Online Survey ; International Journal of Therapies and Rehabilitation Research (IJTRR) 2015; 4(4): 231-235. DOI:10.5455/ijtrr.00000096.
- Guest Lecture on "Functional Approach in Physiotherapy" at Governement Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India on september 2013.
- Presented a Paper on "Effects of Vacuum compression Therapy on sensory Function in persons with Diabetes" at Physio Accord 2014, a national level physiotherapy conference held at Bengaluru, Karnataka,India on January 2014 and bagged third prize .
- Presented a Paper on "Effects of Vacuum compression Therapy on circulation in persons with Diabetes" at 52nd Annual Conference of Indian Association of Physiotherapistsnational level held at Indore, Madhya Pradesh,India on February 2014 and bagged second prize.
- Presented a Poster on “MYTHS IN BELL’S PALSY” at SYNERGY-2009, a south India Physiotherapy Conference at Chennai,Tamilnadu, India.
mail me @: [email protected]
facebook me @: https://www.facebook.com/sheikabdulkhadir
follow my page @; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435675363313409/
Tweet me @ #physiosheik
This User is a member of the Neurology group,Paediatrics group,Pain group & Amputees group.