Physiopedia Awards Programme
Physiopedia is the result of voluntary contributions from the global physiotherapy profession. The Physiopedia Awards Programme recognises and features the diligence and efforts of people who have made significant and impactful contributions to Physiopedia and, via Physiopedia, to the global physiotherapy profession as a whole. These awards also serve to showcase the impact these contributions are having on the global physiotherapy profession.
Anyone positively contributing to Physiopedia can nominate a candidate, and in turn, be nominated. Awards are decided by the awards committee and are given each month as well as annually in June.
The following criteria will be considered to determine award recipients:
- Quantity, quality, and impact of the Physiopedia content contributions;
- Engagement with sharing Physiopedia activity including Physiospot and social media;
- Activity, creativity, leadership, and innovation;
- Engagement with Physiopedia Team;
- Overall enthusiasm for the forward movement of the global physiotherapy profession.
Every month one award is given to the top Physiopedia contributor, the “Top Contributor” Award. This award will take into account not just content contributions, but also any of the above-mentioned criteria including engagement, enthusiasm, creativity, leadership, and innovation.
The awards, given annually, include:
- Top Contributor - the individual who has contributed the most.
- Physiopedia Superstar - outstanding contributions by an individual.
- Best Project - most impactful project.
- Social Media Impact Award - includes contributions to Physiopsot and impact via social media.
- Physioplus Superstar - individual who collects the most Physioplus points.
- Physiospot Superstar - individual with the most posts and contributions on Physiospot.
- Outstanding Leadership - the individual that demonstrates great leadership as any part of the Physiopedia project.
- Physiotherapy Impact Award - the contribution that has made the greatest impact on physiotherapy practice.
- Innovation Award - most forward thinking and creative contributions.
- Global Impact Award - the contribution that has made the greatest impact on the global profession.
- Nominations are due by 1 May 12:00 (noon) GMT in any given year.
- No self-nominations.
- Recipients of a specific award from the previous year are not eligible for that same award.
- Nominations are accepted for contributors who have served within the previous year.
- Once the nomination period has closed the selection committee will review the nominations and award recipients will be announced on 1 June annually.
Submit Your Nomination
Your nominations need to be returned by 1 May at 12:00 (noon) GMT using this form!
Monthly Award Winners
- September 2019: Wendy Walker
- October 2019: Uche Chukwuemeka
- November 2019: Lucy Aird
- December 2019: Kim Jackson
- January 2020: Lucinda Hampton
Annual Award Winners (2019-20)
To be announced in June 2020.