What Are Case Studies?
Case studies are a record of clinical practice in relation to a particular patient.
Why Case Studies?
- Clinicians or researchers may use case studies to demonstrate both classical and unusual presentations.
- A collection of case studies can provide an invaluable record of the clinical practices of a profession.
- They can be used in teaching scenarios such as for discussions in the classroom.
- Learners may be tasked with producing a case study to demonstrate learning.
Case Studies in Physiopedia
Case studies may be published in Physiopedia to contribute to the knowledge base of the profession. To be accepted for publication in Physiopedia case studies must:
- Only use skills that are within the scope of practice of the physiotherapy profession.
- Be supported by appropriate evidence with good use of references.
- Be written in an academic case study format (see the Physiopedia Case Study Template)
Dr. Brian Budgell. Guidelines to the writing of case studies. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2008 Dec; 52(4): 199–204.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Amputee Case Studies (106 P)
- ► Foot - Case Studies (1 C, 7 P)
- ► Head - Case Studies (5 P)
- ► Knee - Case Studies (1 P)
- ► Lumbar Spine - Case Studies (1 P)
- ► Neurological - Case Studies (7 P)
- ► Older People/Geriatrics - Case Studies (10 P)
- ► Thoracic Spine - Case Studies (1 P)
Pages in category "Case Studies"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Case Study
- Addison's Disease Case Study
- Adult Spastic Cerebral Palsy: A Case Study Amidst A Lack of Evidence
- Amputee Case Study: 79 Year Old BKA Amputee at a Geriatric Rehabilitation Department in a Nursing Home
- Amputee Case Study: An Elderly Man in Semi-rural South Africa
- Amputee Case Study: An Unexpected Amputation and the Challenges Faced by an Older Adult
- Case Report on Zika
- Case Report Template 2017
- Template:Case Study
- Case Study - Rehabilitation of Post Concussion Syndrome
- Case study lower limb amputation: Amputee Case Study
- Case Study McArdle Disease
- Case study of hydrotherapy intervention in a child with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy
- Case Study: Achilles Tendonopathy
- Case Study: Adolescent Anterior Knee Pain
- Case Study: Bariatric Patients Have Feelings Too!
- Case Study: Exercise in MS
- Case Study: Parkinson's Disease - Falls due to freezing gait
- Case Study: Shoulder Impingement
- Case Study:Bilateral Hip Osteoarthritis
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease: A Case Study
- Clubfoot with Post-Surgical Relapse
- Conversion Disorder Case Study
- Course Case Study - Tendinopathy 1
- Course Case Study - Tendinopathy 2
- Crohn's Disease Case Study
- Manual Therapy and Exercise Intervention in the Treatment of Shoulder and Neck Pain in a Patient with Mental Health Comorbidities: A Case Report
- Merging stratification approaches in physical therapy management of a case of subacute low back pain
- Mr Jones Persistent Pain Case Study
- Multiple Sclerosis: A Case Study
- Parkinson's Case Study - John (Initial Assessment)
- Parkinson's Case Study - John (Treatment)
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Clinical Reasoning
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Post-Treatment Assessment
- Parkinson's Case Study - Nick Pre-Treatment Assessment
- Parsonage-Turner Syndrome: Case Study
- PP06-Diabetic Case Presentation
- PP06-High Level Case Presentation
- PP06-Low Resourced Case Presentation
- PP06-Older Person Case Presentation
- PP06-Paediatric Case Presentation
- PP06-Upper Limb Case Presentation